HR Strategist: Her passion is improving performance from individuals, teams, and organizations. Focusing first on the business strategy, identifying the human capital implications from there. Given the particulars of a business, my work focuses on bringing out the best in others and removing obstacles for teams.
Connector: Cynthia works to bring alignment with the efforts of business leaders to build strong teams with their organization – having been there herself. Today’s dynamic organizations need total HR service, from policy formulation to talent pipelining, delivered seamlessly. My experience in specialist roles enables me to create comprehensive solutions.
Trusted Advisor: Our clients say they find Cynthia to be a safe sounding board who demonstrates care and common-sense with a superior ability to get the job done.
Cynthia has guided organizations through transformations, culture change, and mergers and acquisitions. Her experience includes change management, talent acquisition and selection, succession planning, and leadership development. Her consulting work encompasses both nonprofit and for-profit enterprises, with a focus on leadership development, assessment, and coaching. She recognizes the ever-increasing demands on today’s executives, by providing the most straightforward, practical, easy-to-implement approaches, including a wide variety of talent development programs:
- Executive coaching
- Leadership development
- 360 feedback
- Management skills training
- Organization design
- Executive retreats
Cynthia has led executive and leadership development at United Airlines where she held responsibility for coaching and developing the company’s most senior executives. She has was received national recognition from The Aberdeen Group research firm and Oracle/Taleo for innovation and excellence in developing leaders. She has also been featured by authors Davenport and Harding in their recent book Manager Redefined.
- Senior Consultant, IGC & Associates, Inc.
- Managing Director, Organizational Effectiveness, United Airlines
- Group HR Director – Corporate Headquarters, United Airlines
- M.S., Instructional & Performance Technology, Boise State University
- B.S., Economics and B.A., Communications, Northeastern Illinois University
- CPLP, Certified Professional in Learning & Performance, Association for Talent Development
- SPHR, Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources, Society for Human Resources Management
- Advanced Certificate in Organization Design, University of Southern California
- Certificate in Strategic Human Resources, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Assessments and Instruments Certifications:
- Hogan LEAD Assessment
- Hogan Personality Inventory
- Hogan Development Survey
- Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory
- FIRO Element B Interpersonal Relations Assessment
- LOQ Leadership Potential Questionnaire
- Thomas-Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument
- CDR Associates Issue Resolution & Problem-Solving
- Interaction Associates Facilitative Leadership
- DISC Behavior and Communication Assessment